Live roulette is played just like online roulette or land-based roulette. The objective is to guess the number on which the roulette ball will come to rest at the end of one spin of the roulette wheel.
A game of live roulette begins with a bet, and players can place bets on single numbers, double numbers, rows of numbers, odd/even numbers, or red/black colors. Each bet has its own house edge and payout, and casino experts advise players to place a combination of these bets. Players can place bets till the croupier declares, “No more bets.”
Once all players have placed their bets, the croupier will set the roulette wheel and the roulette ball spinning in opposite direction. If the ball comes to rest on a number or color players had bet on, they will receive a payout according to the following.
- Single number bets are paid 35 – 1
- Split bets or bets placed on two numbers are paid 17 – 1
- Street bets or bets placed on 3 numbers are paid 11 – 1
- Square bets or bets placed on 4 numbers are paid 8 – 1
- Line bets or bets placed on six numbers are paid 5 – 1
- Column or dozen bets or bets placed on 12 numbers are paid 2 – 1
- Bets placed on colors and odd/even numbers are paid even money
Advantages of Playing Live Roulette
Here are some of the hottest advantages of playing live roulette:
- It is just like playing roulette in a land-based casino, but played from home.
- The games are actually being played, enabling players to view croupiers in action and even interact with them.
- Live roulette games are 100% fair.
- There are several variants of live roulette.